STUDY IN UK
Study in UK is the best option for those who want to study abroad. The UK is a multicultural country and is also immensely popular with international students. In fact, the UK is the second most popular destination for overseas students in the world.
Study in the UK Overview
The United Kingdom (UK) has been known as a world leader in education for longest time. UK is home to some of the world’s oldest and largest universities including The University of Oxford, and The University of Cambridge. A degree from UK University is highly regarded by employers all over the world.
International students have had an important presence in the UK. Over the years the number of students going to UK for studies has been growing steadily. Behind the US, The UK is the second most popular student destination for international students.
UK Education System
UK is known for its shorter duration courses (1 year masters and 3 year bachelors’ degree). UK has both universities and colleges that offer degree and diploma courses. Indian students prefer Masters Programs as it is among the few places where a world class masters’ program can be completed in 1 year. Sandwich programs which are study –work programs at the bachelors’ level are also popular.
- Undergraduate programs – 10+2 or equivalent
- Postgraduate program – 3 year bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Past academic record in the same field is desirable though not mandatory.
- Admission into management fields is open to all students. However some universities also require GMAT score and / or past work experience for admission into MBA programs.
- Students with strong academic profile can get admission into high demand traditional universities. If you have average score, don’t worry you can still apply. There are some modern universities and colleges offering quality education accept applications with lesser percentage.
- Doctoral programs are also available for many fields and the profile can be evaluated on a case to case basis.
- Major intake – September / October
- Other Intakes – Jan / Feb, May few Universities offer rolling intakes as well
Undergraduate students – £8000 – £12000 per year
Post graduate programs – £8000 – £12000
MBA program – £9000 – £15000
Monthly living costs:
£800 to £1000 (London) and £600 to £800 (outside London)
In its 6 long years of existence ASHS Consultants has helped numerous students for UK universities. We have a special wing of officers dedicated to help students for UK admissions, their visa and related logistics issues.