How to Acquire Turkish Citizenship? What are the Advantages?
There are six different options to get a Turkish citizenship. The easiest and fastest option of these is to become a Turkish citizen through purchasing a property.
Especially as of 19-09-2018, after the disclosure of the decision on the official gazette, the required wages to be a Turkish citizen have significantly dropped. Thus becoming a Turkish citizen became easier than before, as anyone purchasing a minimum 250.000 USD worth of real estate can benefit from Turkish citizenship advantages.
Not only Turkey’s quite valuable and rich options in the real estate area; but also the comfort it provides during the citizenship process, makes becoming a citizen through real estate much more appealing. Here are all the details you need to know about earning citizenship rights by a real estate investment in Turkey.
Turkish Citizenship Application Process
Those who have purchased a minimum 250.000 USD worth of housing, workplace, estate or similar properties, can initiate their application process by going to The General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre. After the application to The General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre, real estate appraisers check if the purchased property is worth 250.000 USD or not.
If no impediment is found, The General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre approves the transition to the citizenship process in 3 to 7 days. After given this approval, by applying to The Bureau of Immigration Services for the residence permit, it is possible to get the permission in the same day.
After the citizenship application approval and the residency permit, candidates apply to The General Directorate of Civil Registration and Nationality for the Turkish citizenship. After that point, by tracking the transactions from Citizenship Information Offices? in Istanbul and Ankara all process is finalized in 30 days.
- Without any country restraint, anyone who purchase at least 250.000 USD worth of real estate can become a Turkish citizen
- Not only housing but you can also earn the right to be a Turkish citizen by purchasing different kinds of real estate such as an office, a store or an estate.
- Turkish citizenship can be earned through the purchase of not just one specific real estate worth of 250.000 USD, but also multiple properties that make up at least the same amount when combined.
- Turkish citizenship process, finalizes within 30 days from the day of application. Furthermore, temporary residence permit is given to the real estate purchaser and their family members.
- Along with the real estate purchaser, their spouse and kids under the age of 18 also get the right to be a Turkish citizen. For children past the age of 18, they are not given citizenship unless they are disabled and in need of constant care.